Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Job

I've had more than a few people ask me why I quit the job. There isn't a whole lot to say really. In the few jobs I've had, there has always come a point some months down the road where I realize that I could do better, and so far, I've been right. My time is worth something to me these days. Every job I've gotten has been a step up from the job before it. That is, until this job. It was probably the biggest step backward I could have taken, making less pay (adjusted for inflation) than my first job, and less pay without adjusting for inflation after my first raise at my first job. I made this realization after 3 hours, and the feeling didn't go away. I knew I would be miserable, so I just nipped it in the bud and left.

I know it sounds like I'm completely unwilling to work hard and do a shit job for awhile, and it's partly true. I have qualifications that put me above premature back and neck problems for 7 dollars an hour. I'll do two steps forward one step back, but not 2 steps forward 3 back.

Sorry Mr. Cameron. I did not think to poo anywhere. Next time I get a job, I'll go in with the mindset to poop all over the place if it doesn't work out. That way, I have both something to look forward to, and something to fall back on at the same time.

Jorl Heiderich - The only characters that I can really make mention of were the billions of little styrofoam pieces that attacked my eyes and clothing with a vengeance, like some kind of ant hill of white fluffy puffs of death.

Lora - I'll tell them. I need to call anyway and tell Dad how I fixed my car. :)

2 comments:

ChezNips said...

the usual roommate crap? ANd here I thought you had a spectacularly sexy room mate and I'm not talking Rafnul- or am I?

[01:55] Big_Boss- I laugh at old woman sex

Now I see that I'm your source of entertainment.

Anonymous said...

Good for you, man. I am currently in the same situation, working a job for less pay than the job I had four years ago. I would quit if I wasn't so damn comfortable, and if I wasn't getting constant crazy sex from all nineteen of my hot lesbian co-workers.

Damn my complacency.