Saturday, May 17, 2008

Speed Racer, Bruce Lee, and Aging Hips

I went on a walk today. Not a jog, cause I'm a wuss, but a walk. I think I made it about 5 miles round-trip, which trashed my hip. I guess my left leg is shorter than my right, or at least my spine is crooked enough to make some kind of distinction. About 3/4 of the way through my journey my leg started to ache, and by the time I got back to my bedroom I was done walking for awhile. This wouldn't have happened if I had kept up my usual walking routine, but the way winter was back in Lyman this year I couldn't keep anything up. ZING!

So, while I was on my walk, I passed by Walmart, and cut across the parking lot to get downtown. I saw Christian Slater pushing carts with a yellow little safety vest on. He has a sunburn and it appears that meth abuse has damaged his teeth. Still slicks his hair back stylishly though, which is comforting.

While I'm speaking of obscure celebrities, Bruce Lee works at a Chinese restaurant in Rock Springs, Wyoming. It's called The Wonderful House, and it is the only good thing about Rock Springs, Wyoming. I had some delightful Cherry Chicken there once, and another time I had Sesame Chicken that was probably the best Sesame Chicken I've ever had, and I've eaten at just about every Chinese restaurant in Wyoming. Bruce has aged well, but his hairline has receded significantly. He also appears to have lost the ability to speak English properly, but hey, it's Rock Springs. I'm not surprised.

Lastly, I saw Speed Racer tonight. I already wrote a bit about it and posted it at Cracked.com so I'll just link to it. It it it it it it it. If you say "it" over and over you say funny words.

http://www.cracked.com/forums/index.php?topic=29679.msg867182#msg867182

No comments: