Sunday, May 25, 2008

Cracked.com Blog Circle and my night's events

If you look a little to your right (more or less, depending on your monitor size and resolution) you will see a new sidebar section with links to other blogs. Take a look through them if you like, you might find something worth reading. The Silly Addiction is written by Tim Cameron, who is a delightfully funny and very talented musician. Northside Food is a blog about food, which I assume descends from a higher latitude than it is eaten in. The blog also has the exact same layout as my own. Crazy, eh? Kybard and The Dolby Apposition are both written by fellas who enjoy writing real stories and such, rather than the emo crap that I put out.

So, tonight I watched I Am Legend again, except with the alternate ending. I'm slightly torn with both endings. The Theatrical version completely tossed out everything they led up to, and took a steamy deuce on the book, but at the same time [spoiler alert] Robert dies [end spoiler], which is always a plus for me when I see a good tragedy.

However, the alternate ORIGINAL ending preserves the book's ending and keeps all of the little nuances intact for the conclusion, but it is awfully feel-good, perhaps too feel-good for my tastes. I think that if they reshot the original ending a bit, tied some scenes together a bit and maybe drew it out a little more, it would be best, but unfortunately we seem to be stuck with two incomplete rushed endings.

Also tonight, I ran into my old friend's ex-girlfriend and her new husband. The dude and I have always gotten along, but I've never really liked his bride. She's... not the type of person I like? I don't know how to say it without being painfully blunt: I think she's a total idiot. We do not see eye to eye on anything and I find her to be superficial. Not the point, anyway, she just got married to this old acquaintance of mine and I ran into both of them tonight. We had a nice conversation. I will never see them again most likely, so it is, in a way, bittersweet. On one hand, I'm always anxious and nervous to have to meet new people, but on the other hand, I don't want to see many of the people I know ever again. Naw, that's too harsh. It's not that I don't ever want to see some of these people again, it's just that we aren't heading toward any type of future where we'll be best of friends. If I were to live in this town for the rest of my life, I would never quite have the friends that I did in middle and high school. They're moving on, most of them, and I need to as well. So, best of luck to the newlyweds (Chuck, if you keep peeing on her in the shower it's not going to last very long, I promise.) and best of luck to the people I will miss.

No comments: