Friday, May 23, 2008

Back "home"

Well, here I am, back in Lyman. The flight was a total nightmare. Turns out Kansas City is more than 2 hours from Newton. It's more like 3, and then when you get hit by a MASSIVE thunderstorm, it takes about 3.5 hours. So, I missed my initial flight and I was set to go on a flight to Phoenix that connected to Salt Lake, but that flight was delayed a lot from the wind, lightening and rain, that I would have missed my connection, so they rescheduled me to go to Denver at 11:05. So I spent 5 hours at the airport, then I finally got on the plane and we ended up being delayed in the air and couldn't land. I vomited into the little barf-bag while we were taxi-ing into the terminal, and then I had to run to get on to the connecting flight (because of our in-air delay, I barely barely barely made it on the Salt Lake flight). I didn't have time to get any dramamine, so I was sick on the whole flight to Utah. It was just a nightmare.

So, Holly, my sister, graduated tonight. I'm proud of her and I hope she knows it. The cake I lugged around between Kansas and Wyoming was quite delicious when we finally dug in.

Indiana Jones is a decent flick. That is all.

1 comment:

ChezNips said...

. If I thought about how far it was in terms of miles, I would have figured it was more like 3 hours. I feel so bad that you had a rotten flight. I hope the trip back to Newton is better. Please be sure to wake me when you get home so I know you are safe. There is forcasted rain every day this week and with the heat and humidity that creates convection in the atmosphere, most of the thunderstorms start late afternoon and go all night. And of course, I will be worrying like a mother hen. Had I known you needed dramamine, I had some you could have taken. Lets hope the next flight you take is so much better.

*hugs her little room mate buddy* Take care of yourself.