Saturday, May 31, 2008

Rejoice! For I have created a new blog entry!

Today, and I mean yesterday for you non-vampires (I've been up since 5 PM and it is now about 8 AM), I earned (and I use that term loosely) 89 dollars by trading in my old video games that I never play to Gamestop. With that PHAT CASH I will be purchasing Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots with a few dollars left over towards a new controller.

Let me tell you how much MGS4 will rock.

THIS FRIGGEN MUCH! (LARGEST FONT SIZE AVAILABLE, THAT'S HOW MUCH!)

It has so far gotten mostly perfect glowing reviews by everyone that has played it. I played the Online Beta and was fairly impressed. Basically, I want you all to know that I will not be leaving my room for any reason except to wee wee and eat (IF I eat).

Anyway, I'm just a little excited. It has been several years of waiting for me (10 years. Fans of the series have waited 10 years for answers to questions asked in Metal Gear Solid for the original Playstation.) and I look forward to having a good cry as my favorite characters and their stories come to an end.

See, I get really involved with people and characters. I do it in real life and in the fiction that I read or watch or play. I relate with people fairly well, and when characters are put into entertainment through some medium (film, writing, games) I tend to relate to them as well. It is somewhat devastating to be cut off suddenly from people that you empathize with, fictional or no. When I finish a good book or game, I tend to get super depressed because the story is over and I can't live it with them step-by-step anymore. The feeling is exactly the same as totally falling in love with someone and suddenly being out of contact with them for a few days when you REALLY REALLY want to talk to them or just be with them. Can't get it off your mind...

So anyway, weird storm is brewing outside. There was a power surge that dimmed the lights and turned off my sound system here in my room, but didn't trip the breaker on the surge outlet so my TV and Computer stayed on. Some blue sky is just now poking through the clouds. I think I'll go to bed now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard that MGS4 is a landmark breakthrough in the fight against AIDS.

Unfortunately, it also gives you cancer, but hey. That's what happens when you stare too long into the face of God.

ChezNips said...

DO not dispair, my little room mate, for I, your benefactor at the moment shall bestow on you my gift of nourishment shoved under they door if need be. I almost want to buy a box of kleenex for this momentious occassion, for thou shall play thyself into a semi-coma of happiness.