Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"omg, today, this sexy mofo Cheezee PMed me, and told me this fantasitc story... i think i'm in looove with him"

I have a friend in Germany that I regularly chat with. We share a common interest in spirituality and metaphysics. You see, we study the Norse Runes. We'd like to consider ourselves "Vitki" (Norse Magicians) but perhaps we are not involved enough as it stands.

The Norse culture was very fascinating, and perhaps moreso now because when the Christian revolution entered northern Europe, most of the texts and artifacts from the region were destroyed because they were "blasphemous." Sadly, we will never know exactly what we lost, and we'll never quite know all there is to know about the culture.

Still though, there are a few dedicated scholars and magicians that are intent to unlock some of those secrets. Perhaps through some spiritual experience we may learn a bit more about them. If not, at least we learn to understand an ancient and extinct culture.

At my old house I had a meditation room set up in the spare bedroom. I had runes set up on all four walls to fill the area with peace and clarity. It freaked alot of people out when they went in there because apparently I was worshipping satan. All those satanic symbols, ya know. I love how people jump to the first stereotypical conclusion they can when they encounter something unusual.

1 comment:

ChezNips said...

I used to get that when I had my book shelves out in the living room as well. I think its so very cool to do things like that. I think you should continue to do that! Make your room your sacred space!!! Thats why my house is filled with seraphim and gargolyes and other things, not half as many as I would like...even my bathroom and its cosmic symbolism. I don't care what people think for the most part. Sometimes now and then I do just to compare what I think about myself to what others see or to try to understand myself more but its all an expression of ourselves. I know it makes me more defined in who I think I am as a person. That's something that takes a long time to figure out. I like to see those that empower themselves and stand up for who they are and what they believe in, whether I think its right or wrong. So go for it!