Sunday, October 19, 2008

Quote for the Day 2

"If I don't get my shower, I'mma turn into R. Kelly and piss all over you!!"

My friend Laurie went to the hospital last night for pancreatitis. I'm not sure if it's related to her cancer treatments or what. Probably is since her immune system has been significantly suppressed with chemo and radiation treatments. I feel so helpless watching her get sick and go to the hospital so much. Perhaps this is one of those hard life lessons I should be learning or something. Maybe it's one of those humiliating experiences that my hard head won't let me see yet or some equally esoteric bullshit.

I don't know what else to say. I've been staring at my screen for the better part of an hour with no idea of where to go with this. My cup of water is empty, and my legs are too tired to get up and take me to the pitcher. I'm discussing the nature of God and Man and Altruism in a chatroom I frequent (perhaps too much.).

I have to be in bed in two hours. Less if I can, though I always have an excuse to stay up and satiate my addiction to the internet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris, there are not sufficient words to tell you thank you for your help, your friendship and everything that comes with that. I'm so honored to be called your friend in a time when I really need a friend. You ARE awesome sauce in my world. I'm just sorry that its been hard on you to have to sit along for the rocky ride with me. You are my light and my rock, don't forget that.