Friday, October 24, 2008

Momentary Visions

I've begun to write a collection of poetry based on momentary concepts that I think of. You know how sometimes you'll be thinking about a particularly good memory, maybe of going on a hike or a picnic? I have lots of little snippets of good moments that I think I do more justice describing with only a single verse, rather than using my usual tedious prose.

Here's the first three.

1.

Wheat grass fields

golden in the sun,

the wind blows gently

the heat warms my face.


2.

Outside our magnificent sailing ship

the water splashes, crashes, breaks apart

a gentle mist touches our skin

it cools and refreshes as we start our journey anew.


3.

So green and lush

the forest surrounds me

dark and ominous

a gentle breeze sweeps through.

1 comment:

Bagadal said...

Nice. I like the second one the most...probably because I can relate to it best. ^_^