Sunday, October 5, 2008

I significantly dislike "lol"

Not even kidding. It's a terrible phrase. Now, I'm not going to tell anyone what they should or should not do, as I am trying to shed that aspect of my nature, but seriously, stop saying lol, people.

Putting that aside, here is a poem I've been working on.

Twas in the beginning
upon a mountain high
where the figure of a woman
wouldst surely lie

Ye feel the morning dew
once it falls upon your skin
thou wouldst grasp her hand
and thence begin to spin

There is but one
who wouldst stand in thy way
The Count Von Braun
the greatest, they say

Thine experience says naught
for the work thou wilt do
requests fall upon deaf ears
they do not improve the view

Fill thine pack and prepare
for your journey is ahead
time shall grant thee requests
and weigh you down with lead

Round them up and send them out
such a hasty retreat
your day starts fresh
when you arise upon your feet

To gain the treasures that are needed
you must begin anew
find the one thing that will drive you
a special someone that you knew

Of course thine choice will be
the fairest maiden you have chosen
your trials must not be done in vain
else her love for you wilt be frozen.

I'm not much of a poet. I find prose to suit me much better, when I actually get the motivation so sit down and write. If anyone is interested, I have a short story I'll link. Right here.

4 comments:

Tractor Operator said...

lol is pretty bad. Tiffani has been using OMG in conversation lately. The world is changing, and we're going to be the old guys with no sense of the world. Bummer

you could use the appropriate DKDC in that instance
don't know don't care

what is Curtis up to there?

Big Boss said...

Curtis is... I guess you could say he's transitioning from living with parents to living with a wife. He's engaged, if you haven't heard, so he's waiting until things are a little less complicated with the money and living arrangements and everything else that goes along with it. Right now he works at a barbecue pork place down the street that is rather popular in town.

He's mostly just hanging out.

Tractor Operator said...

shit, married? I guess a mormon upbringing will lead one to be inclined to marry asap. What's the girl like? Is he living with you? Does she spend the night, or are they waiting?
.
more importantly, Happy Birthday! I'm not sure when I'll make it to Kansas, but we'll have some cake soon.
.
I hope you have a great day!

Big Boss said...

I've barely spoken with her. She lives in New York, they met when Curtis was attempting to move out there. So Curtis lives with me and spends a good portion of his time on the phone with her. I'm sure if/when she eventually comes down that they'll just remain engaged for a bit. Curtis is at least being slightly rational about it all. (and I stress, slightly)

So, thanks for the birthday wishes. I slept most of it away.