Saturday, August 2, 2008

I don't update enough

I generally haven't even thought to update anymore, and a large part of that is the general lack of acknowledgment for writing anything these days. There are a whole four people who have ever left comments on my blog, and hey, that's fine. I don't need that kind of attention to validate my self-worth. However, it does take away the incentive for writing anything the public can see if you get the feeling nobody reads it.

Anyway, I got turned down for the job at the Correctional Facility. Two days ago I went to Pack N Ship, a FedEx/UPS delivery store that I applied at over a month ago (I'm fully qualified for the job. I know how to ring up sales, and I shipped packages nearly every day when I was at my last job.) and was helped by a girl who was just starting there. It was her first day. Wanna know what her experience was? Cashier at Gamestop. I was also never asked which company I wanted my package shipped by, so they picked FedEx, which is more expensive than standard UPS. Also, I don't make nearly enough money to support myself at my current job.

So, to sum up: The only people that will hire me, don't need me. The people that need me, hire people that won't help them. And the people that make me think I have a shot, send me rejection letters.

Also, my car's registration has expired, so I ride a bike five miles each way to work now. That's actually not a complaint. I need the exercise.

Tomorrow, I'll try to make a post to ruffle some feathers. I might call it, "Les Miserables is a fundamentally flawed musical that you should boycott."

3 comments:

shane said...

Flawed?! Egad sir, you are a cad and a bounder and a- hey wait, that feather ruffling seems to have worked. That sucks about the various jobs man. Maybe it's just building suspense till the big job at the... awesome factory, becomes available.

codespyder said...

I'm the fifth person to comment on your blog!

...

What do I win?

Big Boss said...

Just look over there! It's your brand-new...ly expired car registration for a vehicle with 90 Horsepower! It's got stylin' cloth seats, electrical tape on the dashboard, and a sound system that boggles the mind! Thanks for playing the Price is Right!