Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Cut my fingernail off

Yup. Trying to peel an orange with a vegetable peeler. Slice.

But then we saw this awesome sunset and I felt better.
For some inexplicable reason, I cannot get that image to flip horizontally. Bad luck. Anyway, there is a bit of a lightning strike in that picture, but it's hard to tell because the sun was hitting that part of the cloud while it struck. Was a great sunset and it reminded me a lot of that scene from Independence Day.

Now it's raining, but it's gentle and nice.

2 comments:

Shell Bell said...

Random Question....

Did your fingernail heal alright so far? The reason I ask (and how I found your blog) is I did something similar yesterday with a peeler (damn you, butternut squash!). mine is the middle of my index finger though. I just taped the *sliced* off portion back on and am hoping for the best....web MD recommends a tetanus shot and visit to the er...um, no. Just thought I'd see how yours went. Thanks!

Big Boss said...

I updated just for you, ma'am. The fingernail healed just fine, though the part where the nail connects to the finger has receded about 2 millimeters. You probably won't be able to tell what happened in a few weeks time.Good luck though. Don't let it get infected. ^_^

Chris