Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A world of adventure


So the other day I went for a bike ride after work. I haven't really ridden my bike since August of last year when I was working graveyard shift at a restaurant and couldn't afford gas, but since I have the lucrative career as an inmate babysitter now, I can afford car things and therefore, do not require such a simple engineering ploy to get me around town.

Well, we have a bike trail in town that I figured I would go through since the morning was cool after a fresh rain. I found a bit of a downhill straightaway with awesome trees on either side, and I shifted into high gear to pick up speed.

Then I saw this mud puddle and hit my brakes.

Since this silt was on the outside of a rather sharp turn, I had no choice, nor did I have the reaction time to avoid it. So I hit it at around 25 kmh and did this.

So, when my tires hit the mud, they went off to the right, and my body pretty much kept going forward. Then when the tires hit the dry pavement, they righted themselves from my own bodily momentum. Mud flipped up along my leg, on my shirt, into my hair, and I came out of it perfectly fine, but much more careful about how fast I decide to go around blind corners after rainstorms.


Also, I'm finding my life to be getting off track a bit and it's affecting my relationships and work, so I'm going to attempt to start some weekly goals to give myself a sense of direction in my life. I'm going to start by updating this, and my other blog at least once a week. It's not much, but I'll work up from there.

No comments: