Monday, December 15, 2008

Writing news and pictures

I started brainstorming at work the other night, because the first book I wrote (finally came up with a title, two years after writing it. "City of Eden." if it's not already taken...) is really hard to understand if you aren't in my head. So I had to come up with something to make it readable (since the one guy I got to read it said he hated it. I give him credit for honesty.).

Well, then I wrote a quick little ditty about a cowboy with a magical revolver who fights King George. I realized, it would fit perfectly with the old book, and so I decided to make a two parter extravaganza to fill out this mythos that is the very bizarre setting of the book.

Here are some pictures of my notes.




I made a bubble web of character/gang interactions, then another page of slightly more detailed interactions, and a timeline of events between the two books. Spoilers in those pictures, by the way.

Also, today I got my hardcopy of my NaNoWriMo book. The first thing I did was find a ton of spelling errors. Go me.


You'll notice the blank space on the right page (below) where I couldn't think of a name of a sedative that would kill a baby. I might write one in for fun. Or maybe just put in the word, "RAINBOWS!"

4 comments:

ChezNips said...

BUT you still accomplished that novel in 30 days, thats fucking fantastic! So now I expect an autographed personal copy with teh word RAINBOWS in it.

BTW, thanks for the AWESOME day.

Tractor Operator said...

I've been rereading Vonnegut lately. How much Vonnegut have you read?

Big Boss said...

Eric - I've read no Vonnegut. I've only heard the name in passing.

Tractor Operator said...

Read it all. It's great.