Friday, November 28, 2008

The last push

5915
128
lab.drwicked.com


HAHA! I did it!

I made one last push today, a two hour write-a-thon with only a ten minute break halfway through. I've just finished writing the worst novel in the history of man, but damn does it feel good. I didn't even feel this accomplished when I finished my first book. Whew...

So, the jist of the story:
Tom, just a regular schmoe, finds himself hiding in a shelter after a huge science experiment goes awry causing a massive solar flare to heat up Earth's atmosphere. He meets a few survivors on the way, and hilarity ensues.
I am no science fiction writer, so it is terrible from that respect, and the main character is not particularly likeable, so it's terrible that way too. Also, there are extensive monologues about cannibalism, both from the pro cannibalistic viewpoint and the anti cannibalistic. There is also a load of sex so I can't ever let my mom read it. It's really awful, but I wrote it and I'm happy with the ending at least.

Well I'm pooped. I think I'll go eat now.

2 comments:

Tractor Operator said...

great job!
.
a few years ago, one of my ceramics instructors decided to offer two grading options. One way was to create good work and the other was to create a lot of work. The group that chose to create a lot of work, ended up with better work than the folks that chose to do "good" work.
.
Can I have a copy?

Big Boss said...

I emailed it to you. Hopefully there are some good parts in there somewhere. :)