Thursday, July 3, 2008

Poetry for Parents Part 2

Dad, we should go shooting
because it's really fun
In fact, we COULD go tomorrow
If I were on the run.

You see, I'm pretty bored here
without a job to speak of
All I do is sit around
and think of rhymes.

I know I kind of used that joke before
It is probably not so funny
What can I say? no creativity.
At least the sun is sunny.

I'll go out soon
maybe get some exercise
Ah who am I kidding?
I can't fill you with my lies.

There is however a dance in town
Maybe I'll make a friend
That would be really great
good news for me to send.

Well you better get packing
the house for you to move
It's just a matter of getting started
getting yourself in the groove

If you hurry up now
you could have the place clean
before winter sets in
heaven forbid in the spring.

I guess I'll leave you alone now
reading poetry isn't your thing
Maybe I'll grab my microphone
and sing sing sing sing sing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't keep me in suspense, man! How did the dance go?

Big Boss said...

There were an unusual shortage of girls between the ages of 18 and 30.