Saturday, April 11, 2009

Work work work

Day in, day out, working all the time. Yet for the first time in my life, I'm actually fully enjoying my job. Well, considering that this is normally the time period where work starts to really drag.

Every job I've ever had, I've hated and wanted to quit. With the exception of my job at Union Telephone Company, which I left for more personal reasons than work-related ones. Burger King? Dreaded going in every day after school. Both times I worked there. Shari's? Only went because I worked with cool people. Terrible job though. Walmart? Don't even get me started (icy roads for 35 miles every day).

But working in a prison is actually fulfilling to me. Call me crazy, or blame the endorphins from the mile I just ran, but I'm actually fond of my work, and I get really good feedback, and some nights I actually look forward to doing my job. I know I won't work there forever, but this is looking like the kind of job where I will not leave from frustration, but more from a desire for something else in order to change things up.

My boss also told me "Thanks for doing a good job" over the radio, so everyone in the facility could hear it. I would have blushed if anyone were nearby.

1 comment:

ChezNips said...

I don't know why you would blush, you have heard me say the same things to you for a year now, how smart you are, how mature you are for your age, etc. etc. etc

I'ts about time you started to hear the comments and actually listened and believed them. I know I don't count, I'm just glad there are other people also saying the same things to you so you know it's not just me or that I am biased. Not that I would ever sugar coat anything on purpose to build you up. You actually *deserve* to be built up, you deserve to be told good things because you do a good job.